Your Cart is Currently Empty
All the HIIT training, cardio, and strength training won’t help you lose weight if you don’t check your diet. Your food is a major influence on your weight and hence you should avoid those that have high calories and very few benefits. Let’s check out the food you should avoid to lose weight:
- Soda pop and other sugary drinks - Sweetened carbonated water is one of your greatest enemies if you want to lose weight. Moreover, it doesn’t help when American drink sizes are humongous compared to the rest of the world. They aren’t just linked to weight gain but bring numerous other health problems. Your brain doesn’t give you the feeling of fullness unless you have solid food. Despite being high in calories, sugary drinks don’t make you feel full and hence it’s easy to consume a lot more of that than you should.
- Potato chips and french fries - Potatoes are complex carbs that are healthy and fill you up quickly. However, when you consume them in the form of potato chips and french fries you aren’t doing yourself a favor. They are associated with weight gain and may contain acrylamides that are known to cause cancer.
- White Bread - It’s a shame that you need to avoid white bread since it can be delicious and goes well with most other forms of food. Research suggests that white bread can spike your blood sugar levels and is high on the glycemic index. That means when the sugar level drops you feel more hungry and that can lead to overeating and obesity. Opt for healthier options like rye bread, Ezekiel bread, and corn tortillas.
- Supermarket fruit juices - While fruit juices are healthier than sugary sodas, you should avoid them if you want to lose weight. Supermarket fruit juices have a lot of sugar and highly processed. So they don’t have a lot of nutrients and only things that add calories and promote hunger. Even freshly squeezed fruit juices lack the fiber that you would otherwise get from whole fruits.
- Candy - Whether they come in the form of small pills or the form of bars, candies should be avoided at all costs. They are made with weight-gaining ingredients like refined flour and a ton of sugar. Supermarkets store them strategically to promote their sales. Carry a whole fruit or a small bag of nuts with you to fulfill your craving and avoid the temptation to buy candy bars.
- Cookies, cakes, and pastries - Unfortunately, unhealthy food has great sway over your taste buds. Cookies, cakes, and pastries fall into that category. They are made with refined flour, sugar, and other unhealthy ingredients. Apart from that they also contain a lot of artificial trans fats that can cause severe health complications. If you have to reach for something sweet, try dark chocolate instead.
- Ice Cream - Most ice creams that are sold in the supermarket match their taste levels to their unhealthy attributes. High in calories, low in nutrients, and full of sugar. You can have a small portion to celebrate some good news but try to avoid massive tumblers in one go. Don’t purchase large portions. You can make healthier alternatives at home with fruits, nuts, full-fat yogurt, and less sugar.
- Alcohol - On every gram, alcohol provides almost as many calories as protein and carb combined. However, you don’t need to worry about it if you have it in moderation. On the other hand, heavy drinking is connected to weight gain. Moreover, certain types of alcohol like beer have clear links to weight gain while wine in moderate amounts may help you lose weight.
- High-calorie coffee drinks - Coffee is packed with caffeine that can boost your metabolism and help you burn fat in the short term. However, all its benefits are negated when you consume it with other ingredients that are very unhealthy. For instance, if you add a lot of artificial cream and sugar you turn it into a high-calorie drink that is sometimes worse than soda. If you need your caffeine early in the morning you better stick to black coffee if you want to lose weight.
- Pizza - While a Neapolitan-style pizza is great, commercially made pizza is extremely unhealthy. They are unhealthy discs of refined flour, processed cheese, and processed meat. If you want to enjoy pizza search for a pizza place that makes them with healthy ingredients or cook it at home.