Your Cart is Currently Empty
Everyone has busy schedules and you may miss out on workouts once in a while during the day. Despite that, you opt out of working out before bed since your heart rate increases, you get a fresh burst of energy, and are excited. You may not be able to get a good night’s rest. However, that conventional wisdom is being proven wrong.
Research suggests that an evening workout before bed can help you to fall asleep more easily instead of getting in the way of a peaceful night. However, you need to keep your exercises short and light. You can’t do high-intensity workouts for an hour. That will have an adverse effect.
Evening workouts before bed can also help you carry forward the benefits into your sleep session. During sleep, your body recovers. The morning workout that ripped your muscles and strained your tissues are recovered, regrown, and strengthened. When you have a light workout before bed, you accelerate this recovery process.
Workout Before Bed
Here are a few exercises that can make your workout routine. The routine would hardly require 10 minutes of your time and also helps you to unwind and relax your body by the end of the routine with stretches. Do three sets of each exercise with a small break of a few seconds between each set. When you do the stretches make sure that you hold them for at least 30 seconds. If you feel comfortable, you can stretch it to a minute.
- Glute Bridge - This exercise helps you to work your glutes, core muscles, and all the chain of muscles on the back. Despite being a low-impact exercise, this is highly effective to keep you flexible. If you have a desk job and don’t get any exercise, this one is great for you since it helps to activate those muscles that aren’t used when you are sitting on a chair for most of the day.
Here’s how you do a glute bridge:
- Lie on your back with your arms on the sides and bend your knees while keeping your feet floored.
- Lift your hips while you inhale and you will feel your glutes and core engaged. Don’t stop until your body forms a straight line from the knees to your upper back.
- Pause for a couple of seconds at that position and return to your initial position.
- That’s one rep. You do around 10 or a few more reps to complete a set.
- Bird-Dog - The bird-dog is a challenging exercise that engages your core and tests your stability. It targets the lower back, abdominals, glutes, and thighs and that’s why it’s hard to maintain your balance in such an awkward position. In this exercise form is king and that should be your focus.
- Get on the floor with your hands and your knees. Make sure that you maintain a straight back with your knees under your hips and wrists under your shoulder.
- Slowly straighten your body by raising your right leg and left arm simultaneously. Stop when you are parallel to the floor. Hold this position for a couple of seconds and maintain the form.
- Slowly return to the initial position and do the same thing with your left leg and right arm.
- That’s a rep. Try to clock in 10 reps on each set.
- Plank - Unlike others on the list, the plank is a full-body exercise that focuses on the core. However, it can turn into a sweaty exercise if you aren’t careful. Take note of your breathing to be calm and stable while you hold a plank.
- Get to the plank position with your forearms and make a straight line from your head to your heels. Roll down your shoulders and keep a front gaze.
- Hold this position for around half a minute or more if you are complete.
- That’s a set, there are no reps in a plank.
- Figure 4 Stretch - Once you’ve done all the sets for the above-mentioned exercises, it’s time to do stretches and wind down. Once you do the figure 4 stretch you’ll feel your body loosen up.
- Lie on your back, keep your feet stuck to the floor, and knees bent.
- Choose a leg and pull on the hamstring while you cross the ankle of the other feet on your knee. Hold the position for half a minute
- Return to a natural position and repeat it on the other leg.
- After this stretch, you will feel amazing and prepared for a restful night’s sleep.